WHO CAN APPLY AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT?
In order to be able to apply to the graduate programs at Kadir Has University you will have to satisfy on of the following citizenship criteria:
- Be a foreign citizen,
- Be a natural born citizen of the Republic of Turkey, who has abandoned his/her citizenship upon the approval of the Ministry of Interior Affairs, and hold the Official Document for The Use of Rights Granted by The Law No: 5203
- You are a natural born citizen of a foreign country but later acquired the citizenship of the Republic of Turkey
Applicants must be either graduates of or graduating from an undergraduate program in case of applications for a master's program; and an undergraduate or a master's program in case of applications for a doctoral program, respectively.
Among admitted applicants, those who are expected to graduate must successfully complete their current programs prior to the enrollment date in order to be able to enroll in the university.
Minimum Application GPA:
- The minimum undergraduate diploma GPA requirement for students applying to graduate programs is 2.00/4.00.
- The minimum master’s degree diploma GPA requirement for students applying to PhD programs in 2.50/4.00
- The minimum undergraduate diploma GPA requirement for students applying to PhD programs is 3.00/4.00.
- Diplomas awarded by higher education institutions abroad must be deemed equivalent by YÖK to those awarded by higher education institutions in Turkey. We strongly recommend you to check whether your university has an equivalency recognition by the Turkish Higher Education Council before you start your application. The list of the accredited universities can be found here. TR and TRNC nationals must personally apply for the diploma equivalency certificate. For admitted international applicants who do not have a diploma equivalency certificate, equivalency procedures are completed by Kadir Has University.
Applicants satisfying the application requirements can apply to the relevant Graduate School within the application dates posted in the academic calendar along with the following application documents:
- Online application form with a photo, duly completed and submitted
- Copy of the undergraduate or graduate diploma
- For diplomas awarded abroad, a copy of the diploma equivalency certificate issued by YÖK's International Equivalency Office, certifying the equivalency of the diploma to that of a Turkish higher education institution (the letter of equivalence must be submitted by the end of the first semester).
- If available, a copy of the Graduate Programs Entrance Exam Score Report. The following examinations are accepted at Kadir Has University:
- GRE quantitative (min. 685)
- GMAT (min. 650)
- ALES (min.70)
- Copy of the English Proficiency Exam Score Report. The following examinations are accepted at Kadir Has University:
TOEFL – IBT test centers must be United States, England, Netherlands, Canada.
- TOEFL-IBT min. 78 2 year valid (Kadir Has University institutional code is 7524)
- ÜDS min. 66
- CAE min. C 3 year valid
- CPE min. C 3 year valid
- PTE Academic min. 60 2 year valid
Students who cannot demonstrate sufficient English proficiency must attend the KHAS English Preparatory Program for up to 1 year, before they can start their graduate program. Attendance to this program is subject to the payment of separate fees.
- Transcript showing all courses taken and grades achieved in all higher education institutions the applicant has so far attended or graduated from. If the transcript does not provide any description about the grading system, separate documents must be provided for the grading system of the relevant institutions.
- Copy of passport
- Letter of Intent
- Two reference letters
- Supplementary documents which may be required by the relevant graduate school
If application documents are prepared in languages other than Turkish or English, in addition to the original copies, translations into Turkish or English must also submitted.