1ST CALL FOR ERASMUS AND EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
1ST CALL FOR ERASMUS+ STUDENT MOBILITY FOR STUDIES - 2020/21 ACADEMIC YEAR
The current announcement is the ONLY call for Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Studies for the whole academic year of 2020 - 2021.
All the students who want to join Erasmus mobility during 2020 - 2021 for one whole year must apply to this call to make sure to receive a grant (with limited grant from Turkish National Agency)
First Call: 30/01/20 - 28/02/20; Online Applications for Erasmus+ Programs
- Fall & Spring (2020-2021)
- Fall (2020)
- Spring (2021)
WHO CAN APPLY?
Undergraduate and graduate full-time students of KHU can benefit from Erasmus study mobility as long as they meet the below conditions and submit their applications by the deadline stated on this call:
- Undergraduate students must have at least 2.20 / 4.00 cumulative GPA and graduate students must have at least 2.50 / 4.00 cumulative GPA in order to be eligible to benefit from the Erasmus grant.
- Applicants must get minimum grade of CB in EL 101-102, and CC in EL201-202; or they must provide a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 78, or minimum YDS/e-YDS/YÖKDİL score of 65.
- Students are supposed to have minimum 30 ECTS remained in KHAS for one semester for two semesters minimum 60 ECTS required.
- Students are supposed to finish at least 1 academic year except prep school.
- The students who benefited from Erasmus study or placement mobility before can also apply to this call. However, students have to make sure that the total length of mobility, with or without grant, at each level (undergraduate or graduate) -no matter the type of mobility- should not exceed 12 months.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested students must fill out the online application form at the MyKHAS Portal (from the My applications- Erasmus Applications tabs in the student pages in MyKHAS).
Applications that are submitted after the deadline WILL NOT BE EVALUATED!
SELECTION OF MOBILITY CANDIDATES
Following the application deadline, KHU Erasmus Commission will evaluate your application on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic GPA (50%)
- English Language Score (50%)
- Undergraduate / graduate level quotas
- Departmental quotas
- In addition to academic achievement and language score, if the applicant has benefited from another Lifelong Learning Program or Erasmus+ mobility scheme while pursuing the same level of academic degree, 10 points will be subtracted for each and every activity utilized (regardless of whether internship or education) when calculating academic achievement and language score averages.
- Disabled students receive +10 points if proving documents are provided in the application.
- Children of martyr and veteran people receive +15 points if proving documents are provided in the application.
- Students who are covered by the 2828 numbered Social Services Law receive +10 points if proving documents are provided in the application.
- Students who want to participate in mobility programs in their birth country receive -10 points.
All applicants are ranked from the highest to the lowest score by faculty, and the top scoring students are selected depending on faculty quotas, by the selection committee.
Results are notified to all applicants in written format via e-mail and KHU Erasmus and Exchange Office website, and KHU website.
After the evaluation, all eligible candidates will be placed in a partner university regarding their grade and quotas.
TOTAL QUOTA FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
As a result of this call, KHU Erasmus Commission will determine number of students with grant or without grant according to the KHU total grant and departmental quota as Erasmus+ mobility selected candidates. All the other eligible applications will be placed as Erasmus+ mobility wait-listed candidates based on the departmental quota. Wait-listed student list will be taken into consideration in case of any cancellations on the main list, as well as, any quota additions based on the budget availability.
Therefore, please note that being selected as an Erasmus student exchange candidate at KHU does not mean that you will definitely be able to go on exchange mobility. The final list of the students benefiting from the Erasmus study mobility will be subject to the following:
1) Announcement of the results of KHU’s grant application to the Turkish National Agency.
2) Countries of destination students prefer to go, considering there are two different groups of countries according to their cost of living
3) In order to make more students from different departments benefit from the available grants, Erasmus Commission applies the principle of "undergraduate/graduate level quotas" and "departmental quotas" as stated above for the selection of the students.
STUDY MOBILITY CHOICES ON THE APPLICATION FORM
Erasmus student mobility for studies is carried out in the framework of prior inter-institutional (bilateral) agreements between home and host institutions, both of which must be holders of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
To ensure high-quality mobility activities with maximum impact on the students, the mobility activity should respond to student degree-related learning. The study period abroad must be part of the student’s study program at KHU to complete a degree at undergraduate or graduate level.
If you are doing a double major, please note that you can only use one of your majors to apply for Erasmus study mobility and you will be subject to your selected major’s departmental quota and available Erasmus bilateral agreements. If you are doing a minor, please note that you cannot apply from your minor program.
You will make five university choices on the application form in order of preference. Please check the list of universities and quotes on “List of Partners” page. Therefore, please see your "Erasmus and Exchange Departmental Representatives" for better course and university selection.
For partner universities, where language of instruction is predominantly the native language of the country, not English, applicants with additional knowledge of that language will have priority over those without any knowledge of that specific language in the placement process. If you are applying to be placed in a university where you will be studying in a language other than English, you will be asked to provide a document to KHU Erasmus and Exchange Office showing your level of language proficiency in that language.
MOBILITY DURATION CHOICES ON THE APPLICATION FORM
The duration of mobility is between 3 and 12 months within the same academic year. Students should be able to complete 30 ECTS credits of course load for each academic term of mobility.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will have three options in the application form regarding the time of your mobility: fall term, spring term, and full academic year. You can pick only one of these options.
ERASMUS+ WITH GRANT OPTION
Erasmus students will be granted according to the study destination if they would like to get grant. Grant payment is subject to the amount of applications received, potential destination of the applicants and availability of funds from the Turkish National Agency.
Please note that Erasmus grants are only contribution, meaning may not suffice for all your expenses and students are responsible for their own travelling costs and living expenses during the exchange. Amount of monthly grants is announced by Turkish National Agency according to the cost of living in the country of destination, grouped in three categories:
TABLE A: ERASMUS GRANTS ACCORDING TO THE COUNTRY OF DESTINATION
Groups According to
Names of Countries
Monthly Erasmus Grants for Study Mobility
Group 1 and 2 Programme Countries with Higher
Denmark, Ireland, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, Italy, Belgium, , Germany, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Iceland, Malta
Group 3 Programme
Countries with Lower
Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia
ERASMUS+ WITHOUT GRANT OPTION
Students who are entitled to receive an Erasmus grant may abandon their right to receiving the grant. Or eligible applicants may benefit from Erasmus study mobility through without grant option by declaring to the Erasmus and Exchange Office that they want to use this right after the announcement of results. Please keep in mind that there are strict deadlines to nominate you in a partner university.
Erasmus students -whether or not they receive an Erasmus grant- are exempted from paying fees for tuition, registration, examinations and access to laboratory and library facilities at the host institution.
INFORMATION MEETING DAYS
Attending one of the information meetings is compulsory for your application.
4-5-12-13th of February 12.00-13.00 @Galata Saloon
17th of February 12.00-14.00 @Cibali Saloon
25th of February 12.00-13.00 @522 Saloon
26th of February 12.00-14.00 @Galata Saloon
Any queries regarding application process are to be made to the KHU Erasmus and Exchange Office via e-mail email@example.com.
Please also check the details by https://international.khas.edu.tr/general-rules-and-procedures-21
We wish you best of luck with your applications.
1st CALL FOR GLOBAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR STUDIES - 2020/21 Academic year
WHO CAN APPLY?
- The selected university must be in our partner list. For the full list please click here.
- You need to be a student at Kadir Has University for at least 1-year except 1-year prep school.
- You need a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0.
- You must get a sufficient TOEFL or IELTS score, if the partner university is demanding one.
- You must be able to take at least three courses related to you own department
*Universities in the USA may stipulate to students about their accommodation in university’s dorms. Students can determine their accommodations for other country’ universities.
HOW TO APPLY?
- You must contact with your departmental coordinator for your course selection!
- You must fill the Application Form – Please contact with Exchange Programs Officer to get each universities forms.
- Official statement for your or your family’s bank account in English. The amount must cover all personal expenses and accommodation for the study period.
- 1 Reference Letter from your department (depending on the university)
- English Transcript
- Proposal Letter (no more than one page) (depending on the university)
- Photocopy of your passport ID pages
*All original application documents must be given to the Exchange Programs Officer.
The applicants must be attending at least one orientation meeting since the application process will be explained. In case you did not attend to the meetings your applications WILL NOT BE EVALUATED!
PROCESS OF SELECTION
- Partner universities send your acceptance letter in one month after we send all your documents. Acceptance letter is sent to your address which you stated in the application form.
- Those, who are applying universities in the USA, have to pay SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitors Information System) Fee after they received their acceptance letter. You can pay for the SEVIS online with a credit card. After the payment you will receive your receipt via mail. With the receipt, and the acceptance letter you can apply for your US visa.
When applying for visa for other countries, you will need the acceptance letter, other application documents and student certificate which is taken from Student Affairs Office.
Any queries regarding application process are to be made to the KHU Erasmus and Exchange Office via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also check the details by https://international.khas.edu.tr/application-process-26
We wish you best of luck with your applications.
KADIR HAS UNIVERSITY ERASMUS AND EXCHANGE OFFICE TEAM