According to the Turkish Migration Regulations, all international students must apply to a residence permit from Turkish Migration Office.
Students need to collect and bring the required documents to Migration Office in person.
Rules and regulations of applying for resident permit are described below and might be changed by Migration Office anytime.
Resident Permit Application Process and Required Documents:
- Student have to fill out online application form, colour print in and sign it: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr
- Student needs to provide Passport photocopy of ID page and entry stamp bearing pages.
- 4 biometric photos (white background and taken recently).*
- Health insurance that covers your stay (Students must document their health insurances. You can apply for General Health Insurance conducted by the Social Security Institution or you can have a private health insurance. Those who have a health insurance valid in Turkey based on a bilateral agreement do not need to have a health insurance)
- Student Certificate which shows that you are entitled actively to benefit from the rights of being a student.
- Proof the Resident Permit 160 TL fee paid document (the price may change).**
(*) These documents have to be ready before Student starts filling out online application form (photo has to be uploaded, insurance number is required to be shown on the application form)
(**) To pay the fee Student has to go to the Tax office (Vergi dairesi) and get a tax number.
Resident Permit will be posted to the address shown on the application form.
Resident Permit will be issued within 90 days after applied.
If you meet any problems (technical issues or any questions about the documents) while filling out online application form, please call number 157 (they speak English, Arabic, and Russian) or visit Turkish Migration Office: Hırka-i Şerif Mahallesi, Adnan Menderes Blv. No:64, 34091 Fatih/İstanbul
If you’re a Turkish Citizen, you do not need to apply for Residence Permit.